At Oak Hill First School our aim is to provide the highest quality pastoral care throughout the school. All staff work together to help pupils at Oak Hill achieve their best, educationally, socially and emotionally. Our Pastoral Support Team is made up of Mrs Stanton (SENCo) and our Senior Leadership Team.
The aims of pastoral support at Oak Hill:
- To provide support that meets the differing needs of all children so that each child is equipped with the skills to cope with life.
- To support children to address social, spiritual, mental, emotional and physical needs.
- To maintain an atmosphere in which children feel secure, are encouraged in their learning, growth and social development and know that they are valued within a healthy and safe environment.
- To reassure parents/carers their children are being educated in a safe and nurturing environment.
- To encourage pupils to recognise and reflect upon our core values.
- To work with a range of stakeholders, parents, support staff, outreach agencies and other schools to ensure the continuity and progress of individual pupils.
The role of the Pastoral Support Team:
- To support and work alongside parents in addressing pastoral concerns impacting on their child’s learning and development.
- To work with staff in ensuring good pupil support and build upon the caring and respectful relationships that exist between staff, pupils and families.
- To provide support for individual children; listening and talking to children who may need support in a variety of pastoral issues, for example, self-esteem and confidence, managing feelings, anxieties/worries, separation and developing social and friendships skills.
- Responding to situations as they arise within school.
- Meeting with parents/carers to discuss issues relating to their child.
- To ‘signpost’ families to outside services for appropriate provision and support.
Support in School
Lunch Bunch are a club supervised by members of staff who are available to talk and play with children who may be feeling vulnerable. Staff also run a variety of different play or talk based interventions to address individual needs. Any child in school can speak to any teacher or teaching assistant if they have a worry or problem at home or in school.
If you would like support with any issue, school or home related, please get in touch today
- Speak to any member of staff you feel comfortable talking to.
- Contact the school office to request an appointment with Mrs Stanton.