Sports Premium Grant
Our key summary of Physical activity using Sports Premium funding
At Oak Hill First school we want all our children to enjoy healthy and fulfilling lives. We want all our children to enjoy participating in physical activities and understand its benefits.
The Sports Premium grant is utilised in a range of ways at Oak Hill First School in order to make sustainable improvements to the quality of provision for PE and Sport.
It is expected that schools will see an improvement against the following 5 PE and Sport Premium Key Outcome Indicators:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport. At Oak Hill School we aim to provide the children with sporting activities that develop personal fitness, co-operate and competitive skills, as well as the development and progression of skills such as aiming, kicking, throwing and catching.
To fulfil this expectation we:
- Employ qualified and specialised sports coaches to enhance learning opportunities across PE.
- Build the capacity of teaching staff to deliver high quality PE sessions to develop skills and healthy lifestyles.
- Develop the range of extra-curricular, after school, before school and lunch time clubs around the school day including multi sports, dance clubs and gymnastics.
- Ensure play leaders plan a range of physical activities for the children to enjoy at lunch times.
- Include active learning opportunities across our curriculum for children to enjoy active and healthy activities through our Essentials approach to learning.
- Organise annual sports morning for all phases to celebrate and enjoy participation in physical activities. KS1 and KS2 with a competitive elements where children participate in coloured teams.
We also encourage high levels of participation in sports and competition through:
Delivery of a high quality games and PE curriculum where children regularly have the chance to participate and compete against one another in a competitive sporting environment.
- A range of sports clubs which include: –
- Our children compete at all levels – intra-school, inter-school and at county level through a dedicated Pyramid program of events throughout the year.
- Access to wider competitive opportunities through the Sainsbury’s School Games mark.
- Excellence is achieved through supporting children to work with other sporting organisations – e.g. WASPS RUGBY
- Sports role models are invited into school to inspire children through demonstrations of their skills and through conversing with the children. This has included a professional Rugby player from WASPS.
- We celebrate all our children’s sporting achievements through updates on our school Facebook page, assemblies and recognition on our sports board as well as updates in our monthly whole school newsletter and make sure that keeping active and healthy remains central to our vision.